Fibromyalgia is an acute condition which causes pain and stiffness and sometimes tenderness of muscles, tendons and the joints. Fibromyalgia is characterized by also restless sleep, fatigue, anxiety and depression. It often causes disturbance in the bowel functions too.
Diets for Fibromyalgia have been quite hard to be made. But experimentations and experiences says volumes about the below diet plan which is ideal in normal cases.
• Avoiding the likes of all kinds of alcohols and caffeine is very much recommended.
• Always stick to homemade food should be another primary rule. That way you can be assured that you do not intake the preservatives which the packed foods carry.
• Vegetables which are rich in magnesium are a good source to help reduce the symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
• Broths or soups made with chicken including its bones, ligaments and its tendons should be consumed.
• Food with high content of vitamin B12 should be promoted well in your daily diet.
• To make up for iron and zinc, a bit of red meat in your daily diet also helps the cause to reduce the symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
• Avoiding wheat and the dairy products will be better.
• Consumption of yoghurt in a very small quantity should be preferred when you have an upset stomach.
• Having a limited quantity of saturated fat helps in the better absorption of the nutrients you consume.
• The maximum reduction of sweets should be looked in to your diet. Usage of honey should be preferred instead.
• The more fruits and vegetables consumed the better results can be achieved from the symptoms. Just make sure that these are well washed and rinsed for the fertilizers or the pesticides to be washed off from it. The best to do this will be to keep it dipped in water for sometime before using.
• Drink water which is boiled and warmed, rather than the distilled ones, because the magnesium is lost in this process.
• Avoiding juice drink which has fortified vitamin C is advised to reduce the symptoms. Also the food likes of containing caffeine such as certain drinks, tea, coffee and chocolates.
• Having assorted nuts on a daily basis, but in small quantity should be practiced.
• A certain amount of sunshine, especially during the early mornings or the sunset light will be beneficiary.
• Cooking your food in cast iron vessels is seen to better the iron deficiency symptoms of Fibromyalgia.